Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Good Day




Today was simply delightful. I started my day with a couple sets of tennis and a dip in the pool. I was lucky enough to be invited by one of the film faculty to play tennis, and his complex has a really nice pool. It feels like a resort, (see photos) and it felt like I was on vacation! It was so relaxing, and yet, I stayed by the pool and got several hours of work done. I then took another dip in the pool and headed to Bugis (it’s one of the many shopping malls) to eat and write some more. I had Kaya Toast (look out for an upcoming blog post on food!) and tea. This evening I met up with two new friends, (actors I’ve been working with in our drama labs), Stuart and Andrew. We ate cheap sushi and watched Blindness, a film where everyone in the world goes blind, except one person. Mansita and Antoinette, two of my friends/classmates, joined us. The five of us had a great discussion about the movie, afterwards, and then, Atoninette and I went to Southbridge Jazz Club, where I was pleasantly surprised with the caliber of the music and atmosphere. It was a traditional jazz club setting. We heard a very talented combo of piano, bass, drums and vocals. I will definitely be seen there again.

One of the things that is most notably missing from my life here is the piano. I have no real access to one. This could be one of the reasons I’ve had trouble focusing! The piano is a means of de-stressing, of emitting emotion and releasing energy, allowing me to focus. Also, the piano is a great form of expression, and a creative outlet, something to get the juices flowing. I can’t wait until I can play the piano again!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure I believe you were at this resort. I want to see you in the photos. How do we know this isn't one of your short stories? LOL