Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting there is the hardest part of the journey

I board Malaysia Airlines Flight 91.  At once terrified, and yet, excitement slowly sweeps over me.  My eyes are burdened with the aftermath of a storm--but the healthy kind, that nurtures growth.

This plane is about desire ...

Oh wait, wrong story.  But seriously, for those of you who haven't seen The Point of No Return, this plane is amazing!  We've got women named Jenuoa passing around orange juice and hot towels before the plane even takes off!  Did I mention the flight staff are in tuxedos and the women are in silky skirts...ooh and there are two floors!  This is like Allure Airlines...but with class.  I'm in seat 55D if that gives you an idea of how large this plane is...but I did have an entire row of four seats to myself, which made sleep come easy for me.

My first act of civil disobedience:  I took the blanket and pillow--I couldn't resist, seeing as I have no real place to live nor sheets or pillows, I thought it might come in handy!  Plus, the blanket is a gorgeous royal purple.

Once in Singapore...24 hours and half a day later (I'm still having trouble coping with the fact that my friends and family at home are a half a day behind me) I find that my Hostel, Sleepy Sam's, is on a pedestrian only street.  It's actually quite a nice street...it transports you back to another time...on the outskirts of Little India, shops line the streets, lanterns descend from the roof, and there's a giant Sultan's Mosque at the end of the street.  I lugged my luggage in the pouring rain to the hostel, which has a welcoming coffee-shop feel to it.

I shower, I eat, I sleep.  And here I am, Tues morning, about to embark on an adventure.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Post some pics, girl!