Sunday, August 24, 2008

Disappearing Act

I've come to the conclusion that somebody should write a horror story about staying in a hostel.  Oh wait, they did.  Remind me never to watch those movies! (Hostel I, II, and III that is...)  Don't get me wrong, it's not that bad, but the longer I'm here (going on night 8...) the more I realize that anybody could be sleeping in the bed next to you...or across from you...or above you.  I've got one woman across from me just lying there, staring at me like she's possessed.  Then you've got the bag lady to my right.  Yesterday there was a wet spot on her bed.  And today, I had a roll of toilet paper on my bed (for the flu that I've caught) that went missing.  I looked everywhere for it, I needed a Kleenex like none other!  But it was nowhere to be seen!  Hours later, I come back and the roll of toilet paper is sitting there oh-so-non-chalantly, very noticeably on my bed.  I swear the bag lady took it.  It just gets you thinking--anyone could be in that room with you--anyone. And they might even steal your last roll of toilet paper!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should have told that lady that you knew she took the t.p.