Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My New Abode











Let me tell you a little bit about my new home: I live on the corner of Jilan Besar and Rowell Road, in the heart of Little India. This area has character: 24 hour food places, sampling some of the best Indian, Chinese, and Malay food in Singapore! I live in a newly renovated 5 room HDB flat, on the 23rd floor. HDB is government housing and where the majority of Singaporeans live. We have a gorgeous panoramic view of the Singapore skyline, best seen through our large windows, which overlook the Pacific Ocean and Indonesia in the distance. This is one of the few places that you truly feel like you’re living in the heart of a metropolis. My favorite is going to sleep to the lights of the Singapore Flyer (the giant Ferris wheel; the lights changes color every night) and waking up to the various boats pulling into the pier. I went crazy on a shopping spree where my roommates and I got lost in the vortex which is known as Ikea. I decided to really use the space in my room to create a fun and welcoming atmosphere: an explosion of colors! Attached are pictures of my beautiful apartment, my spacious bedroom, and the gorgeous view from my room. Enjoy!

No comments: